June 9, 2011

June 9th: the best burger and spring salad

I've got lots of old reliables planned for this month and I can't wait to share them! My June milk calendar is getting booked up, so some of the recipes are being pushed to July as well, so exciting. Tonight we had simple but oh so good favourites: from June 2004's Chatelaine: The Perfect Burger and from April 2007's Chatelaine: Green Spring Salad (AKA asparagus and sugar snap pea salad with toasty pine nuts). For the burgers, I add a dollop of hoisin to the mixture. For the salad, I leave out the radicchio. Local asparagus are plentiful right now and we are eating them, oh, almost every day. Making hay while the sun shines and all that jazz. Happy weekend!



2 comments:

  1. You have to go to Austria for the best asparagus. Theirs grow so big and full of flavour, they were like nothing I'd ever tasted before in North America.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is slightly less convenient than the local farm, but I'll keep it in mind for next spring. :)

    ReplyDelete