June 5, 2011

June 4th: rice bowl

Whilst in Edmonton, I paid the obligatory trip to the West Edmonton Mall with a couple of girls from work. I can't truly call it obligatory, as I didn't go the last time I was there, in February. Of course, the last time I was there, it was cold and I was downtown. This time, the weather was more pleasant and we were in the middle of west end no where. I do not recommend staying at the Mayfield Inn and Suites should you be paying a visit to Wild Rose Country's capital city.


Back to the WEM. We had supper at the food court--not a place I am usually a fan of, but I had a decent rice bowl from this place I'd never heard of: freshii. It turns out there is one in Ottawa too. In any case, I had a bliss bowl. Today, I decided to recreate this at home for lunch for me and O. I whipped up a pot of rice, and while that bubbled away, I fried half a white onion, diced, over low heat, then upped the heat and cooked up two portobellos, chopped. For the last couple of minutes, I threw in a handful of chopped sugar snap peas and leftover roasted red pepper, diced. To serve, we topped with goat cheese and toasted pine nuts. Delicious! Better than freshii's version, and likely because mine was fresher than theirs, despite the name. Good, filling lunch. Then to laundry and cleaning while Olivia napped, and then to nap myself. I love a weekend where I get a nap on Fri, Sat and Sun. Gets my week off to a good start!





No comments:

Post a Comment