June 3, 2011

June 3rd: green bean & soft boiled egg salad

Good to be home. It's nice to visit other places and it's nice to attend meetings where I learn information to help me do my job better, but the travel, the hotels, and the food get to me. I had some yummy food in Edmonton, but I'd still rather eat at home!


I planned this weekend's meals before I left so I wouldn't have to expend any brain power upon my return. That was a smart thing to do because I had to drag my exhausted body across the finish line teaching BODYFLOW this morning, then buy groceries with a pounding head (my head hurt too much for me to remember the Tylenol in my bag), and after sleeping away the afternoon, I was happy to make a simple, healthy meal for supper tonight.


From June 2011's Chatelaine: Creamy bean salad with soft-boiled egg. I roasted some red peppers, loaded in the goat cheese, and doubled the eggs to make the salad more filling. Wow, soft boiled eggs are a lot more delicate to peel than are hard! We enjoyed this salad, but not quite enough to keep the recipe. I served it with delicious Art-is-in rosemary-garlic bread (and for dessert, amazing croissants from the same locale; I LOVE the Ottawa Farmers' Market, Orleans location!).



No comments:

Post a Comment