November 8, 2010

November 7th: Thai Pork with Spicy Noodles & Cranberry butter-tart squares

Verdict:
Try Again: pork and squares

Sunday. Tonight's supper is one we've eaten every year for the past three years, and we just can't quite bring ourselves to either put it in the keeper book or toss it. It's really good, it is. It's pretty easy too. BUT. I like the spice level, Greg finds it a bit too much and Olivia (this is her first year eating it, after successful exposure to peanuts) said it was too spicy and wouldn't eat it. She's not going to enjoy her lunch for the next two days, unfortunately. Greg wants me to try again with less chili-garlic sauce. I want to just keep it already. Want to weigh in on the debate? Check out November 2007's Chatelaine: Thai Pork with Spicy Noodles.


I'm getting a bit of a jump start on Christmas baking this year. I have some shortbread and pumpkin chocolate cheesecake in the freezer already, and tonight I baked up some squares to add to the collection. From November 2005's Chatelaine: Cranberry butter-tart squares. I've given these a "try again" up top there because I can't quite decide if they are good enough to keep. They're simple to make and pretty to look at and they taste good, but are they good enough? Hmm. Sometimes I'm just too tired to form an opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment