November 22, 2010

November 19th: Garlic knots et al.

Verdict:
Try Again: garlic knots


Ah, Friday. How I do love you. This Friday was an excellent day, as I attended Olivia's daycare's playgroup, and got to see her participate in circle time with a big group of kids. Can I brag about how well-behaved she is? I think part of it may actually be shyness, as she sat still, but didn't sing any of the songs, which she definitely knows. At home she sings her heart out.


For supper, I went back to Chatelaine pizza dough, and turned it into these amazing Garlic knots from in erika's kitchen. That's two good recipes from that site so far; thanks, Erika! This was a total indulgence meal. Greg refilled the propane tank, and we feasted on BBQ'd steak, bread and sugar snap peas. So good. One note: the pizza dough recipe makes 2 lbs of dough; the garlic knots recipe calls for 1 lb of dough, and we only ate about half of the knots. Good to know should you want to make this one at home! Also, I didn't save the leftover knots; I didn't think they would keep well after soaking in oil. Oh yes, I used unsalted butter in this recipe and next time I plan to try salted. That's it! Yum yum.

Olivia's portion

1 comment:

  1. So glad you liked the garlic knots - your knots are much prettier than mine!

    ReplyDelete