November 29, 2010

November 29th: Lima Beans & Fish!

Verdict:
Try Again: fish with potato succotash

Oh, come on. You know you wanna. After I tried lima beans in September, I knew I had to do them again. My bag of Green Giant "Valley Selections" Lima Beans (free advertising!) had a good-sounding recipe on the back, and I made it tonight for supper: Halibut with Potato Succotash. In our case, it was haddock. In any case, we loved it and left not a scrap behind. I'm telling you. You've got to try lima beans. Word to the wise: dice the potato small, like frozen hash brown size.

(Haddock hiding under the vegetables.)

2 comments:

  1. Really.

    I forgot to say: dousing the fish in lemon juice upon extraction from the pan bottom made a world of difference in the flavour.

    (Then, I admit it, I ate some tartar sauce. I cannot express how I love tartar sauce. I think it may be any mayonnaise-based product that I love, actually.)

    Really. Try lima beans.

    ReplyDelete