November 27, 2010

November 25th: easy shrimp stir-fry

Verdict:
Toss: Shrimp stir-fry

A quick reference to this recipe, which I didn't love, but was dead easy and pretty good. I'm doing another shrimp stir-fry next week too; keep your eyes out for that one!

From Clean Eating Mag: Cajun Shrimp Stir-Fry. (Can't find this recipe on the clean eating mag website, but found it elsewhere. Thank you, Google.) I added some baby bok choy* to the pan, and would recommend reducing the time on cooking the shrimp from 3 min to 1.


*Baby bok choy back story:

Wednesday night. I planned to make a dead easy soup, a repeat from November 2009's Chatelaine: Japanese dumpling soup. After the meal, we decided to toss the recipe and I figured it wasn't worth blogging about. However. When I bought groceries on the weekend, I couldn't find the one baby bok choy I needed for the soup, so I sent Greg to Farm Boy to get one. Due to the fact we got into an argument prior to the shopping trip, the message about what I wanted wasn't entirely clear, and he bought a BIG bag of itty-bitty bok choys. We have been eating bok choy every day since, and there is not much of a dent in the bag. Thus, bok choy in the shrimp stir-fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment