March 31, 2011

March 31st: Creamy shrimp fettuccine

Quickie Thursday evening meal from March 2011's Chatelaine: Creamy shrimp fettuccine. Yummy pasta, shrimp and leeks in a light cream sauce, enjoyed by all three of us. As I was making the meal, Olivia declared, "I don't like shrimp!" to which I replied (my standard), "That's okay, you don't have to like it, you just have to eat one." Some time later, as we sat down to eat, Olivia picked up her one shrimp, ate one bite and said, "I like this," to which I replied, "Good, that's your shrimp!" She looked surprised, as though she had never seen shrimp before, and she ended up eating three of them. Bottom line: Don't trust your 3-year old's supposed taste preferences. She clearly doesn't know what she's talking about.



Good-bye, March!



No comments:

Post a Comment