April 3, 2011

April 3rd: Double-Pumpkin Streusel Muffins, Lemony Leeks and Braised Potatoes

Double-Pumpkin Streusel Muffins

I discovered a forgotten jar of pumkin in the freezer last week and thought I'd better make use of it. With perfect timing, I came across a recipe I tried last year I'd kept to try again: from April 2010's Chatelaine: Double-Pumpkin Streusel Muffins. These are mighty tasty, and I'll be eating them for breakfast this week.


Lemony Leeks and Braised Potatoes, or, how two sides make a good meal

As we were eating tonight's supper, we were discussing what the two side dishes would go well with: the lemony leeks would work nicely with chicken, and the braised potatoes could hold their own with beef. In fact though, the two together made a surprisingly satisfying meal. The third component to our meal was an orange we split three ways. Simple stuff, and really good. Both recipes from March 2011's Chatelaine.


2 comments:

  1. I can attest to the fact that the muffins are delicious. Even if I wasn't sitting on the tarmac for 3 1/2 hours before I remembered that I had some in my purse, they would still be scrumptious. I wonder if they will work with squash? I have frozen squash that Eldon gave me last fall . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think squash would work just fine!

    ReplyDelete