April 10, 2011

April 10th: strawberry yop-like smoothie, green lentil soup with curried brown butter

Olivia and I have been in smoothie heaven this weekend; I can't get enough!


Between two trial runs yesterday and today, I modified another Dairy Farmers of Canada fruit smoothie to perfection. This one is a bit runnier, with consistency somewhere between a yogurt drink and a true smoothie. Again, it's not too sweet.

Fruity Yogurt Milk

1 cup (250 mL) milk
1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen strawberries
1/2 cup (125  mL) blueberry yogurt

Blend all ingredients until smooth. Makes about 2 cups.


I doubled the recipe to serve 3.

For supper tonight I tried out a recipe from Heidi Swanson's new cookbook: Super Natural Every Day: Green Lentil Soup with Curried Brown Butter. I don't have the cookbook, but she's generously posted a few recipes online and I took advantage of this. Greg and I liked the soup, O, not so much. I was happy to get some more lentils into my diet, but the recipe can also be made with green split peas.




Supper, L-R: broccoli salad, rice, soup



2 comments:

  1. Soup rating from 1-10? I have a pretty good lentil soup recipe that I got from your mamma that I should make again. Or should I try this one?

    BTW made the roasted vegetable salad yesterday, and am disappointed that others liked it as much as me and there is not much left. I think I will put what is left in a pita for lunch tomorrow. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soup rating: 6.5/10. I've eaten it for 2 days for lunch now and I'm liking it, but not dying to make it again.

    Hope your veggie pita turned out well!

    ReplyDelete