April 18, 2011

April 16th: Baked Apple Pancakes, Stuffed Mini Peppers


This is the second weekend in a row I have made this Baked-in-the-Oven Apple Pancake. It is a little bit pancake, a little bit custard and a whole lotta good. The original comes from December 2009's Today's Parent: Baked Fruit "Pancakes". I subbed apples in place of the pears or plums, and sprinkled cinnamon overtop before baking. It's sweet enough that maple syrup isn't really necessary, but I opt in all the same.



For supper tonight, amongst other yummies, I made mini sweet peppers stuffed with goat cheese & pine nuts. The idea for the recipe came from the Vegetarian Salmon. I skipped the basil and salt and baked them for longer than was called for--about 20 minutes. I also sliced the peppers in half and then wedged them back together with the cheese filling as glue. They were still crunchy, even with the extended oven time. I liked them, but I'm not sure if I'd do it again.


Pre-cooking
Post-cooking












No comments:

Post a Comment