March 8, 2011

March 7th: sausage and egg puff pastry pie

Have you ever wondered what that picture at the top of my blog home page is? Tonight, I retried this one, from February 2010's Today's Parent: sausage and egg puff pastry pie.

I find it a little meat heavy, and I'm thinking of trying it again, leaving out the ham, taking away one of the sausages, and adding in some onion and diced sweet pepper. I made it this time around with pre-rolled puff pastry, which I don't think is quite as good, but does save a few minutes.


When I made it last year in February, it turned out so beautifully I simply had to take pictures. Now, looking back, that lovely picture up there was taken before the plate (and all my other plates!) acquired chips along its side. I need to invest in some good quality plates that won't chip. Add it to the list!

4 comments:

  1. What? no pancakes on Shrove Tuesday? I wouldn't have remembered but Patti reminded me when she said that is what she was making for supper. So that is what we had as well. Mom.( even though your father is not really a pancake fan, he ate some)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was actually Monday night's supper. I spent Shrove Tuesday at a meeting at the gym, otherwise, I would have made pancakes! I'm surprised you needed reminding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this last night. I did not have ham, and I only had 2 sausages, so I did as you suggested and added in some red and orange peppers, onions, and I also added mushrooms. Fried them up and added them to the sausage mixture. It was quite delicious. Somewhere between an omelet frittata and quiche, but not quite the same as any of them. Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! I'm glad to hear this turned out!

    ReplyDelete