March 2, 2011

March 2nd: Parmesan creamed spinach and corn, garlic butter roasted mushrooms

Liam got me onto yet another food blog: smitten kitchen. From this one, tonight I tried out garlic butter roasted mushrooms, which are just mushrooms baked with lots of garlic (I used more than called for!) and lots of butter and oil (I skipped the capers). Yum. Though, not quite as yummy as I had hoped; given the description on the website, my expectations were high and it didn't quite meet them. Still, yum.


Greg has become the bread-maker in the house of late, and all of his breads have turned out beautifully until today, when he had a failure on his hands. Too bad, because that buttery, garlicky oil would have made for good bread sopping.


Besides all the oil, we had cream too: from January 2011's Chatelaine: Parmesan creamed spinach and corn. Tasted a little bit of the frozen spinach, which of course is just not as good as fresh, but the overall effect wasn't too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment