January 3, 2011

January 3rd: Crispy Pork Chops with Sautéed Apples

Tonight's meal came from January 2011's Chatelaine: Crispy Pork Chops with Sautéed Apples. I meant to serve this with a salad on the side, but got mixed up and made mashed potatoes instead. I knew something was off while I was prepping, but couldn't figure it out. It was all delicious in the end. We will definitely try this one again, although I will double the apples called for, as O couldn't get enough, even after eating a raw apple and applesauce earlier in the day.


 No further blogs till the weekend, as I'm off to chilly Winnipeg for the rest of the week!

3 comments:

  1. How do you start out planning a salad and end up with mashed potatoes? I am terribly distracted in the kitchen and everywhere, really, but even I have never veered from salad into potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like this: on my calendar wherein I plan my meals, I wrote "boiled baby potatoes." Then, while writing my grocery list, I decided salad would be better, as I was planning a salad for Jan 1st and would have leftovers. I bought said salad ingredients, but the night of cooking I consulted my calendar and forgot my plan.

    Before O, I didn't have to write anything down: appointments, meetings, changes to meal plans, whatever. Now, what doesn't get written gets forgotten, without fail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this recipe again this week, and doubled the apples as per my earlier thought. Definitely the way to go!

    ReplyDelete