January 18, 2011

January 18th: 100!

This is post #100.

This is also the vegetarian meal of the week; from January 2010's Chatelaine: Spicy peanut, tofu and spinach stir-fry. Funny, this must be a re-try from last year, but I do not remember it at all. It was...

...delicious! I bought all-natural peanut butter, as per the instructions, and who knew? It's really good. And it has just one ingredient: peanuts! Amazing. I replaced the extra-firm tofu with PC brand teriyaki-flavoured firm tofu, which is one I enjoy on the barbecue in the summer. I debated whether or not to use the whole 2 tbsps of chili-garlic sauce, and in the end I did, but next time I might use  just 1 1/2 tbsps. It was on the cusp of being too spicy for us, but had a really yummy, peanutty flavour.

Yum, yum, yum. Served with quinoa.

1 comment:

  1. PB stir fry gets made in my house here in Halifax about once a week. I made some monday and ate it for lunch, supper, and then breakfast (needed sustenance while working). never a recipe, just fry up some veggies and cook some rice, add some soy sauce and rooster sauce (aka chilli-garlic sauce) and a big scoop of crunchy peanut butter. cook it a bit, mix in the rice, and good to go! this recipe, with the OJ and chicken stock, would likely be even more delicious.

    L

    ReplyDelete