July 10, 2011

July 7th: Classic BBQ-Glazed Chicken

This is a really simple cheater barbecue sauce I pulled out of July 2010's Chatelaine: Classic BBQ-Glazed Chicken. Even Olivia, who is often indifferent about meat, and told me, "I don't like chicken!" just prior to eating her obligatory one piece, readily helped me polish off my whole chicken breast. It is quite likely because the main ingredient is ketchup. But it does taste really good...


Classic BBQ-Glazed Chicken


Grill any cut of chicken as desired. During last few minutes of cooking, spread liberally with a combination of the following: 1/4 cup ketchup, 2 tbsp maple syrup, 1 tsp minced garlic and a pinch of cayenne.


I used this amount on two bone-in chicken breasts, rather than the eight suggested. If you're interested, read the article about how to perfect grilling chicken.







No comments:

Post a Comment