July 23, 2011

July 19th: Grilled vegetable salad and lemon chicken

This recipe has been one of my favourite salad meals for six years, and for some inexplicable reason, Greg is never home when I cook it. It is never planned; it just happens that every year, I make it once, and on the day that I make it, he'll be out - working, socializing, sporting, whatever. It's possible he had it once, maybe last year, but once is definitely it. This year was par for the course: I made this delicious salad, and Olivia and I enjoyed it together, then I had leftovers for lunch the next day. From September 2005's Chatelaine: Grilled Vegetable Salad with Lemon Chicken. Usually I make it with chicken breasts; this year I did thighs.


You can serve the chicken on the side...


...or chop it up and toss it into the salad.
Mmm, warm chicken, tomatoes and onion, plus goat's cheese.

Heaven in a salad.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to L for correcting any typos that may have been viewed in this post...

    ReplyDelete