July 3, 2011

July 2nd: lemon-dijon chicken and lemon-garlic, roasted potatoes

When I was in Edmonton last month, one of my colleagues was talking about Greek lemon potatoes she'd had the year before in Gimli and how they were addictively good. The thought  stuck in my head, as I love potatoes and love lemons, but the Greek dishes I've had with those ingredients haven't done much for me. I did some searching online and came up with this recipe, from Epicurious: Lemon-roasted potatoes. I don't know if this qualifies as anything Greek-like, but the result was delicious and I will be making it again.


This recipe does not shirk on the olive oil. I like that.
The online reviewers did not.


To accompany, I cooked up some chicken with a recipe recently featured in the Ottawa Citizen: Grilled Lemon-Mustard Chicken. It takes a bit of time to marinate, but the wait is worth it; the chicken is infused with a lovely lemon-mustard flavour.


To accompany: spring turnips and their greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment