September 4, 2010

September 4th: Miso Soup & Salad Rolls

After an afternoon spent at the Perth Fair and eating carnie food, it was definitely a night for detox. G&O are spending the night at the in-laws. Being on my own, I went for simple, fast, veggie food from September 2010's Chatelaine: Miso Soup & Miso-maple tofu rolls.

The Miso Soup recipe isn't online. It's pretty simple:

boil 1 cup water
reduce to simmer; whisk in 1 tbsp white miso paste
remove from heat; stir in slivered green onion and silken tofu

Makes 1 serving.

Both were great. High points for ease of prep. I didn't have ripe avocado for the salad rolls, so threw in some green onion and cucumber in its place. Dipped them in some sketchy peanut sauce I found in the fridge that had an expiration date of 2008. Not sick yet.

Finished my single girl night by watching The Time Traveller's Wife. Teaching an early class tomorrow so needing beauty rest. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment