August 31, 2011

August 28th: Iranian rice & potatoes

We went to a wedding on the weekend, at which Iranian food was served for supper. It inspired me to do some research into an Iranian dish I had last fall that was fanatastic: rice & potatoes - basically a big pot of rice with potatoes at the bottom; the potatoes cook and get browned at the bottom of the pot. My version wasn't quite as good as I remembered having made for me by someone who is actually from Iran, but for a first effort, it was not bad. A little more practice, and I'll be ready for when Jian Ghomeshi inevitably comes knocking at my door. I can't wait forever, Jian.


http://www.food.com/recipe/iranian-rice-with-potato-crust-and-saffron-111813


Some of the other recipes I checked out said to put a tea towel
between the pot and the cover, and so I did.






I served this with Cajun shrimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment