May 26, 2011

May 25th: Herbed chicken with Mint-Pepper Salsa

This was one of those lovely surprises. I almost bypassed this recipe in May 2011's Chatelaine: Herbed chicken with Mint-Pepper Salsa, but I'm so glad I didn't. I loved, seriously loved, this recipe. Pan-fried chicken thighs topped with a simple red pepper and mint salsa. Chicken thighs are a bit of a pain with their excess of fat, but all that fat melts into deliciousness in the pan. The red pepper is sautéed briefly to soften it up, then combined with a simple vinaigrette and fresh mint. I went light on the mint and would recommend doing so unless you're a mint lover.

The recipe recommended serving this with fries, which I did. To round out the meal, I made a side dish from the motherland: fiddleheads! Olivia loved the fiddleheads and loved them even more in vinegar. So her mother's daughter. Earthy goodness.


I was happy Greg wasn't home for this meal because I got to eat his portion, then started regretting his absence because the food was so good I couldn't stop. I can't recommend this chicken any more than that.



No comments:

Post a Comment