December 17, 2010

December 16th: Fiesta Chicken Soup and Mocha Milkshakes

Feeding the in laws tonight, so a perfect time to make a big pot of soup. No leftovers, just the way I like it! This one was from the 2009 Milk Calendar: Fiesta Chicken Soup. I made this one last year and we liked it enough to try it again. Not quite good enough to be a keeper, but pretty good. I took the suggestion of adding a can of chilies as well as some hot red pepper flakes to the pot. Topped with Monteray Jack cheese, tomatoes and cilantro, pretty good!


To accompany the soup, which I expected to be spicy (it was, mildly), I made the best milkshake recipe I have ever tried ever: Rachael Ray's Mochaccino Shakes. I came across this one years ago and I would drink it every week if I could! We have it about once a year as a treat. I use Haagen-Dazs ice cream (2 pints = 1 L), and for the coffee, I just use instant coffee mixed with cold water. I don't do the whipped cream or chocolate shavings unless I'm super organized, which I am usually not on Thursday night! I only had enough ice cream to make 2 servings, but had to spread it out for 5 people, so I may just have to treat us to this one again sometime before a year is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment