December 13, 2010

December 13th: Upside-Down Chicken Pot Pies

It's been two months since I last made pot pie, so it was time again. This one from December 2010's Chatelaine: Upside-Down Chicken Pot Pies. As far as weeknight meals go, this is the quickest pot pie I've made yet. Would have been even quicker if I had turned on the large burner under my large pot rather than the small one. Bloody stupid glass top stove. Again, this one is not as good as our famous keeper recipe, which I haven't shared yet, but it was tasty nonetheless.

Side dish to this meal was Braised red cabbage from in erika's kitchen. The recipe ingredients are almost identical to the Chatelaine one I made Saturday, but the longer cooking time made for more tender cabbage in the end. We liked this version a bit better, but decided we're not super fans of red cabbage. Gorgeous colour though, and I'm assuming chalk full of nutrients and likely local to boot (I didn't check the sign when I bought it).


(Not sure why my links aren't navigating to a new page. Am I writing my HTML code incorrectly? Too tired to figure this one out...)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you definitely have to like cabbage to like this dish - but I've found it to be an acquired taste. And think of all those micronutrients....

    Glad you liked the recipe and thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your blog but my first venture on commenting because we eat red cabbage often cooked very similar to this (add an apple & caraway).

    ReplyDelete