January 23, 2014

January 23rd: Panko-Crusted Tilapia

Tonight's supper was a riff on another fish recipe previously blogged about. I picked up a big tray of tilapia at the grocery store yesterday with no idea what I would do with it; it's simply been too long since we ate fish and I knew I could figure something out. I modified a recipe from November 2011's Chatelaine to work with ingredients I had on hand. It was good!

Panko-Crusted Tilapia

1 tbsp grapeseed oil
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs
1 cup panko crumbs
2 tbsp finely chopped dill
1/2 tsp salt
454 g tilapia fillets (2-3)


Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.

Pour flour into ziplock bag. Whisk eggs in pie plate. Combine panko crumbs, dill and salt in another dish.


Cut fish into 2 pieces each. Shake each piece first in flour, then dip in eggs, then in panko mixture. Place on platter and repeat with each piece.

Set all pieces in hot pan and fry until golden, approximately 2-5 minutes per side.

Serve with lemon wedges, tartar sauce, and dill pickles.

Serves 4.



We had ours with sweet potato fries and coleslaw.


No comments:

Post a Comment