March 31, 2013

March 30th: Challah

Usually for Easter weekend, I make a big, fancy, Easter dinner. This year, I decided to forgo the usual, and I made bread instead. I have a 1 year old. I can't make bread and a big dinner. I know women used to be able to pull off this kind of thing, but I don't know how they did it.

Olivia and I made Challah, a Jewish sweet bread, from March 2013's Chatelaine. It made two large loaves, and they were fabulous. Rave reviews everywhere we took the bread. Especially delicious hot from the oven, with butter.

Will do again!





2 comments:

  1. I cut the recipe in half so I could mix it in my stand mixer (I don't hand knead ever). It was a little wonky with measurements but turned out great.
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, in turn, avoid recipes that call for a stand mixer! Hand-kneaded only, please. :)

    ReplyDelete