January 15, 2012

January 15th: Chicken Noodle Stir-fry

Another one from Mama's Christmas-present cookbook: Chicken Noodle Stir-fry. Stir-fries always pretend they're going to be simple, but can be tricky. This one, for instance, called for slicing the baby bok choy in half lengthwise. I did, thought they still looked too big, but left them. Sure enough, I later had to pull them out of the hot pan to cut them smaller, because they weren't cooking properly. Go with your gut, Kirsten.


I bought two packs of Mr. Noodles for the ramen noodles called for in the recipe. I was really excited about this, as I used to loooove Mr. Noodles, but wow, they kind of suck. They taste on the processed side. Next time, will try to source out good quality ramen noodles. Does this exist?


The recipe was good, though, don't get me wrong. All three of us enjoyed supper tonight. A few tweaks, and I'll definitely make it again.





No comments:

Post a Comment