May 27, 2012

May 18th: Banana Macadamia Nut Muffins

To date, these are the best banana muffins I have made. From Epicurious: Banana Macadamia Nut Muffins. My bananas were way rotten, so I reduced the white sugar from 3/4 cup to 1/2 cup. Good idea. I like my muffins to taste like muffins, not cake. The website says they have a hint of the tropics, which I assume is supposed to come from the nuts, but I didn't find this to be the case. I bought my macadamia nuts a few months ago, maybe that's an issue? The nuts  didn't have much flavour at all. I'm thinking of adding coconut on top next time. I wonder what coconut milk in place of cow's milk would taste like...


Bed night snack




Breakfast of champions: including Grandma's crabapple jelly.



1 comment:

  1. 'Bed night'. Makes me think of Dad. He said "bed lunch" though.

    ReplyDelete