November 28, 2011

November 27th: mini chocolate orange muffins

Did you receive your 2012 Milk Calendar? I certainly got mine! I also got a jumpstart on the 2012 recipes, with O at my side, making mini chocolate orange muffins. They were pretty tasty. 48 mini muffins!




I also put the November 2011 recipe to the test: roast pork tenderloin and mushroom dinner. This is kind of like pork and mushroom soup, but on the healthier side. We didn't love this one. The white potatoes didn't cook through, even with much longer in the oven. If I were to do it again, I would drop the sweet potatoes, double and dice the white potatoes, and double the mushrooms. That might be worth a re-try. The pork was tender and delicious.


  



5 comments:

  1. where can I get a milk calendar?

    liam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liam - you can get the recipes from http://www.dairygoodness.ca/milk/my-milk-calendar/recipes

    I think they come in the paper if you have a subscription, I'm not sure where you can pick one up on its own, but if you find out, let me know!!

    We do have uncles in the dairy industry - suppose they would know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. They might know, but do they read the blog??

    Kirsten - I think you need the sweet potatoes for colour. Mustn't forget presentation.

    Joel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got my milk calendar in the paper last week but have not yet made any of the recipes...glad to have you test some of them for me in advance! Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liam: I usually get two a year - one in the newspaper and one with Chatelaine. I only have one so far this year, but should the second materialize, I will wrap it up and give it to you for Christmas!

    Doubtful re: uncles wrt blog.

    Presentation shmesentation.

    ReplyDelete